Crab and Mushroom Bisque
I can't remember where I got this recipe from, the clipping is in pretty bad condition, I think it was and old, old, old William Sonoma catalogue. I love it because is so easy and fast to make but it tastes like if you were slaving on the stove all day.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
Lemon Blend (use 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
For the lemon blend:
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or grinder. Process until finely and evenly chopped. Store on an airtight container.
For the bisque:
- Melt ¼ cup of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and next 4 ingredients. Cook stirring until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in same saucepan over medium heat add flour stirring until smooth. Cook one minute.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Sherry, lemon blend, hot sauce and half and half.
- Reduce heat; stir in crab meat and cook for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add saved vegetables, stir well and serve immediately.