Country Ribs - Crock Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 1 large onion, peeled, sliced, separated into rings
- 3 -4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup vegetable cocktail
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place onion rings in bottom of a 3 1/2 quart.
- crock pot, place ribs on top of onions.
- Make sure ribs are trimmed of all excess fat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, reserve 1 cup for sauce, cover this reserved portion and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining tomato mixture over ribs, cover pot.
- Cook at high setting for 5 to 6 hours, drain ribs, discarding cooking liquid.
- In a small saucepan, simmer reserved sauce for 10 minutes, serve over cooked ribs on heated plates.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Loved this recipe and the 1 cup of reserve sauce was great! I used riblets so I feel I could have cut back on the cooking time. I cooked mine for 8 hours on low, so will cut that back to 5 hours on low when I use the riblets again. Very easy recipe to put together. Made for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup 2008* gameReply
see 10 more