Country Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Ready In:
- / 2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) can buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Generously grease a 9-inch square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well with a fork. Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters, and dip each piece in melted butter and coat with brown sugar mixture. Arrange in a single layer in baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the oats.
- Combine blueberries and sugar in a bowl and toss to coat. Spoon over oats and biscuits and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup oats. Drizzle remaining melted butter on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cake is golden brown and center is done. Cool for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">