My son is allergic to eggs, so I've tried many corn bread recipes that do not contain eggs. This is our favorite eggless corn bread recipe as it rises nicely and is very moist.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 1 1/4 cups rice milk or 1 1/4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8" or 9" square pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients--cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the wet ingredients--milk, oil, vinegar, and corn syrup.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the sides begin to pull away from the edge of the pan and wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I wanted a quick and easy cornbread recipe that didn't call for eggs since I'm out of like EVERYTHING and am making "garbage" chili tonight from leftovers. This recipe was easy enough and the cornbread looks and tastes okay. The bread itself is fluffy and airy. It did take longer than 20 minutes to bake the middle and could have used a little more salt but overall I'm pleased.
Wow! I can't believe my tweets worked! I didn't have enough regular flour or baking soda, so I used 1/2 cup of self-rising flour and 1 cup coconut flour; didn't have any sugar or syrup, so i used 3/4 cup small MARSHMALLOWS and 1 tablespoon agave; used 1 1/2 cups coconut milk and Himalayan salt. great consistency, not crumbly or gritty!