Corn Potato Soup for the Crock Pot
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweet corn
- 4 potatoes, skinned and cut into small dice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- Saute onion, celery, and bell pepper to translucent in the olive oil.
- Pour all ingredients except heavy cream and whole corn into crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Blend 1/2 the ingredients in blender and pour back into crockpot.
- Add Heavy cream and whole sweet corn.
- Let warm for about 30 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy.
- I will sometimes add cheese and or sour cream when serving if anyone.
- wants it.
Join The Conversation
This was very good, although a tad sweet. It could've been the brand of creamed corn though. Still gets 5 starts because my baby loved it! I cooked it all day on low b/c I work FT and it turned out just fine, and I used light cream instead. I didn't even blend half of it, I just used my potato masher for a few mashes to thicken it up.
Yummy soup! I've been in a corn craze lately and this sounded so good. I mixed up the instructions and added the can of whole corn to the mixture for the 4 hour cook time. I still blended half of the mixture, so it was smoother than intended. I did use fat free 1/2 & 1/2 rather than whipping cream. I needed just a shake of salt in my bowl. MERP'd for Spring PAC '12.