Cool Summer Corn Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup shaved fennel (I used a mandoline)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced small
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon Italian dressing (or dressing of choice-sweet garlic is good)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped off
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped (about 6 leaves)
- Place vegetables in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice and pour over salad. Drizzle in oil and toss. Salt and pepper to taste. Add garlic powder, dressing and herbs. Toss again. Adjust seasonings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was raised in Miami, Fla., lived in New York City for 28 years and now have lived in S.W. Ct. for 8 years. I love to garden and cook. I make needlepoint rugs, and I have dabbled in painting(oil and watercolor). My favorite music is the blues. I have travelled alot. I consider myself 3/4 vegetarian because I still love meat - just not too often. I'm married to the love of my life. Oh, by the way, my twin sister is Sharon 123. <embed src="http://www.travbuddy.com/flash/countries_map.swf?id=3727794" quality="high" bgcolor="#372060" width="400" height="213" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed> <a href="http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-widgets"><img src="http://www.travbuddy.com/images/widget_map_promote.gif" border="0"></a> <a href="http://www.travbuddy.com/hotels"><img src="http://www.travbuddy.com/images/widget_map_hotels_small.gif" border="0"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">