Colorful Coleslaw Vinaigrette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Great colors and a nice change from coleslaw with mayo.
- Ready In:
- 1 small cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄4 purple cabbage
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Shred all of the vegetables.
- I use the slicer on my food processor and not the shredder because it makes everything so small and juicy.
- I find the cabbage shreds nicely using the slicer and I usually cut my peppers into 2 or 4 wedges and stand them up.
- I do use the large shredder for the carrots.
- Place all vegetables in a large Tupperware bowl.
- Don't worry that it looks like a lot, it will reduce by about half after it marinades for a couple of hours.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a saucepan on the stovetop and bring just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir well.
- Pour it over the vegetables.
- Seal lid and shake.
- Place in refrigerator and shake every once in a while.
- I usually drain off some of the marinade before I serve it because it is so juicy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION