Coconut Szechuan Shrimp
- Ready In:
1 dish of coconut szechuan shrimp
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, shelled, de-veined, and washed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup water, if needed
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large green chilies, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- Saute onions and chilies in oil until onions are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Cook until the tomatoes have broken down. Add a little water if necessary.
- Add the curry powder, garlic powder, and ginger powder.
- Stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add coconut milk and stir.
- Add shrimp and toss them until they're well coated. Cook until they turn pink.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!