Coconut Macaroons or Macaroon Kisses
photo by dumbell579
- Ready In:
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 14 ounces flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil grease and flour foil.
- In bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet. Lightly flatten each wit ha spoon.
- Bake 15-17 minutes. Remove from pan (if you let them cool on pan they will stick).
- To make macaroon kisses Prepare as directed and press a solid milk chocolate candy piece in the center of each cookie while still hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
excellant recipe, easy to whip up and put in the oven. i did grease the foil but forgot to flour it so that made it quite a challenge to peel them off when they were done, so don't forget to flour, its important!! however, once i did manage to peel them off they were fantastic and my DH just went crazy for them! i did use sweetened coconut flakes but for my taste that made them too sweet but for my husband they were perfect. thanks for a great recipe!
These are great! I halved the recipe because I only had one can of condensed milk. I also added a bit more coconut to make the mixture a bit stiffer to work with. Mounded walnut sized spoonfuls onto silpat mats and formed them into pyramids with a bench scraper. Baked a bit longer till the bases turned light golden. Cooled then dipped the very tip of the pyramid into melted chocolate. Thanks for sharing Lucky Wife. I'll be making this one again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small quiet town (you know the type...like Mayberry! :) I have a wonderful husband and have been married since October of 2004. We live with my mom and dad at the moment since we have a new addition to our family. Our baby boy Joseph was born March 22, 2007. But we are soon moving into our own place. Our favorite foods are fish, pasta, and vegetables of any kind. We are just a country cooking couple!