- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To toast coconut, spread on baking sheet. Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove coconut from baking sheet and cool; set aside. Place cookies in food processor or blender container; process with on/off pulses until finely crushed.
- Combine cookie crumbs, pecans and sugar in a small bowl; stir in melted butter.
- Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer at high speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs and flour; beat at high speed until smooth, scraping down side of bowl once.
- Gradually beat in cream of coconut.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut with a wooden spoon. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cheesecake springs back when lightly touched (center will be soft).
- Carefully loosen cheesecake from edge of pan with spatula. Cool on wire rack; refrigerate until firm. Remove side of pan. Spoon whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with star decorating tip.
- Pipe around edge of cheesecake. Sprinkle remaining toasted coconut inside whipped cream boarder.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 24 year old college student at UT Martin, where I am studying political science. I have always enjoyed all things governmental. I have a miniature dachshund named Dory,and I absolutely adore her! I am very family-oriented, which is good because I come from a LARGE family! I have strong southern women in my family who have helped me establish a strong core as well, not to mention they are fabulous cooks!