Coconut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place chopped butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Using a flat knife, mix through flours and coconut until a soft dough forms.
- Mix chocolate chips into the dough.
- Using your hands, mould two tablespoons of dough mixture into a flat round.
- Place rounds on a baking tray that is lined with non stick baking paper.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden.
- Allow to cool on trays.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was looking for a recipe that didn't need brown sugar (I was out) and came across yours. I did not have desiccated coconut so I toasted and chopped regular coconut. I just sampled my first one and it is excellent! They have a real good "white chocolate" flavor (with the coconut), crispy with soft center. I used a small cookie scoop and got 25 cookies. Thanks Pietro, for posting. Roxygirl
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in country Western Australia, 158 kms from the City of Perth. It is an agricultural area with Mediterranean type climatic conditions. Our family has always grown fresh produce so it is easy to use fruit and vegetables that are in season. My favourite cookbooks are anything written by Antonio Carluccio, Margaret Fulton, Stephanie Alexander,Jamie Oliver and just about any other?cookbook that is full of interesting and tempting recipes. I like to experiment with food and bring out the best of flavours in any dish that I prepare. Do I love homemade Italian food? How can you live without it? But then I love Indian,Asian, Middle Eastern,European cuisines and the good old Aussie food as well. Nothing beats a good barbecue with the family and friends.