Citrus & Spice Marcona Almonds
This recipe is nice as a stand alone snack or as an addition to many meze plates
- Ready In:
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (choose a flavorful Spanish smoked hot or sweet)
- 2 cups blanched almonds (brown skins removed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together egg white, orange juice, zest, salt, cumin, and paprika in a bowl, then add almonds and toss to coat.
- Spread almonds evenly on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and mix the nuts around, return to oven for another 10 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer nuts on parchment to a rack and cool completely (almonds will crisp as they cool).
- Loosen nuts from parchment with a spatula and transfer to a bowl.
- Note: These almonds can be made several days in advance and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
So so good!. I had 1 blood orange left and used it's juice along with the smoked paprika. Must say that I was concerned that there was too much liquid with the egg white and o.j. but held faith and went ahead. I had marcona halves already blanched which made things easier and it was basically mix and roast. Once the nuts were well cooled they were delicious (and addicting!) in the wonderful coating. Made for Pic A Chef, Spring 2013