Citrus Soy Stir-Fry
- Ready In:
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup tamari (aged soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I use chili paste)
- 2 tablespoons oil, like peanut or 2 tablespoons vegetables
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken, pork or 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, halved on an angle
- 1 small bunch of thin scallion, thinnly sliced on an 2-inch angle
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta to al dente.
- Prepare all the ingredients and pile them near the stovetop. Mix together the orange marmalade, ginger, garlic, stock, tamari, black pepper and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Once the pasta is dropped into the pot, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. When the oil smokes, add the chicken or the pork and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 3 minutes more. Stir in the sauce and toss for 1 minute, then drain the pasta and combine. For shrimp, stir-fry it for 1 minute, add the edamame, snowpeas, and scallions. Stir-fry for 3 minutes more, then add the sauce and toss with the pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/ZaarBanners/cookathon-participant.jpg alt=width=300 height=150 />I live in Boise, Idaho (home of the famous Idaho potatoes and Boise State University whose football team plays on the blue smurf turf). My husband and I are retired and travel quite a lot. We have a place in Boise, Idaho and now a part-time home in Carlsbad, California. It's nice to be in California where they have so much more fresh food...vegetables and fish! They have so many farmer markets that I really have to watch myself, but cooking is so much fun and they have such a variety of things to use.</p> <p>I have two daughters and one has three kids...my angels (the twins who are now 4) and my man who is 2 and just as big as the twins. I do miss them when we are gone...they grow so fast.<br /><br />I love to collect and read cookbooks -- way to much from my husbands point of view. I love to watch Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Barefoot Contessa and Everyday Italian. I have used this site for several months and have loved the recipes and info that comes with them...had to join! <a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/4th%20of%20July/4811_126789.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><br />The only peeve that I really have is going on this site and reading reviews on recipes where the person has totally changed the recipe and didn't like the results so therefore giving low ratings. <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt=/ /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg alt=/ /><img src=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/diner_photos/lazymecookathon.jpg alt=/ /> <object width=400 height=300 data=http://w490.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/d065f045.pbw type=application/x-shockwave-flash> <param name=data value=http://w490.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/d065f045.pbw /> <param name=src value=http://w490.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/d065f045.pbw /> <param name=wmode value=transparent /> </object> img</a><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/antbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a><a href=http://s596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/emakki25/?action=view?t=banner1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/emakki25/banner1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a><img src=http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww129/pneuma2/swaps/no.jpg?t=1248399623 alt=/ /><img src=http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/Banners/WineSwapBanner2009-1.jpg alt=/ /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/4811_176478.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/nowsonexitmusic/unratedpart.jpg alt=/ /><img src=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg alt=/ /><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/BBG-AMbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/QueenBee49444/CookbookParticipationAugust2009.jpg alt=/ /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt=/ /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt=/ /> <br /><img src=http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Banners/AMBadgeGenTP2009.jpg alt=/ /><img src=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg alt=/ /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Holiday-plaid_HPI.gif alt=/ /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/3Craze-E.jpg border=0 alt=/ /><img border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/redbannercopy.jpg border=0 alt=New /></a></p>