Lemony Tuna Salad
photo by JackieOhNo!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained
- 1 cup canned white beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and lemon peel; season if you want to.
- Add the tuna, breaking it apart a bit with a fork, then add the beans, cucumber and onion.
- Season again if you want to.
- Arrange the shredded romaine in 4 plates or bowls and top with the tuna salad and tomatoes.
- Tip: Add other ingredients if you want, such as olives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
As Ms. Ray would say herself, Yummo! I made this exactly as posted (doubling the recipe), except I used green leaf lettuce and grape tomatoes. I also finished it off with some freshly ground black pepper. I loved this tuna salad. The white beans really added to it, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe, that I will be making again. Made for ZWT7.
So far the best tuna mixed with beans I've had and I have tried a few. I liked the lemon in this. I used Hellman's olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free, freshly squeezed lemon juice, another kind of tuna as I don't buy white as it is higher in mercury, I did not have white beans so used kidney beans instead as that is what I had on hand, vindalia onions, cut up campari tomatoes which I mixed in, baby romaine but preferred it without, though it makes nice presentation, a little freshly ground black pepper but no salt, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for ZWT7 Pacific Islands, for my team Food.Commandos
Very yummy. We love beans and we love tuna! Who would of thunk to put them together. I also loved the lemon I always put lemon in my tuna. I used green onions because I was out of red and just some sea salt and blka pepper to taste. Thanks for a wonderful recipe. Very nice for a hot summer night. I threw in some celery just because I love it in tuna. Made for ZWT 5.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Minnesota (brr) and enjoy cooking, reading, and relaxing. My real name is Brianna so feel free to call me by that name. I have just finished my first year of college. Looking forward to cooking over the summer :)</p> <p>Also, if you were wondering about my username that is because whenever I sign up for a site that requires a username this is what I would use (since it is unique and when I first came up with it I was reading Tom Sawyer). I guess I could change it but I haven't.</p>