Cinnamon Swirl Bread
photo by Katzen
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, then add the milk, 1/2 cup of the sugar, eggs, butter, salt & 2 1/2 cups of the flour, beating until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface, then knead for 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth & elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top, then cover & let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until doubled.
- Grease two 9"x5" loaf pans.
- Punch dough down, then divide in half. Roll each half into an 18"x8" rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon & remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, then sprinkle this cinnamon mixture over the dough, before rolling each rectangle up from a short side. Pinch the seam to seal the dough.
- Place seam side down in the prepared loaf pans, then cover them & let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & bake the loaves for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans & cool on wire racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'd give this one ten stars if I could, it's delicious and gorgeous! It's simple, too. I made one change, and that was to add some softened butter (about 2 tbsp per loaf), spread on the rolled dough before adding the cinnamon sugar, because without it, I found the sugar was slipping off the dough. And hey, who wouldn't love the flavour added to the swirl, anyways??? I also had a tablespoon or so of the cinnamon sugar left over, so I sprinkled this on the loaf before baking. This loaf is light and fluffy, and the best cinnamon bread I've ever made - and gosh, does it look gorgeous, too!! Thanks, Syd, for posting this recipe! Made for PRMR Tag.