Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
photo by Hannah Verrinder
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
2 9x5 loaves
- Grease and flour two 9x5 loaf pans. Set aside.
- Mash bananas with vanilla in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in another medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars. Beat on high 3-5 minutes, until very light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Alternate adding banana mixture and flour mixture (about three additions each).
- Fill each loaf pan in 3 layers; after each layer, sprinkle on cinnamon. When loaf pans are full, use a toothpick or skewer to swirl cinnamon (do not overmix or the swirls will not be apparent). It is not necessary to use all of the cinnamon; use only as much as is desired.
- Sprinkle each loaf with sugar (it will bake into a crunchy, sweet crust).
- Bake at 350F 45-60 minutes, until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a college student from California, currently studying at a small New York liberal arts school. I'm a vegetarian, which has, surprisingly, opened up the culinary world for me. My favorite cookbooks are probably huge, all-encompassing tomes like Veganomicon and How to Cook Everything Vegetarian.