Cinnamon Icing (With Pku Adaptation)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted (for PKU use butter)
- 1 tablespoon soymilk (for PKU replace with 1 tablespoon water and 2 teaspoons non-dairy powdered creamer)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; if making PKU version, add the 2 teaspoons non-dairy powdered creamer.
- Add the margarine (or butter for PKU), soy milk (or 1 tablespoon water for PKU), and vanilla and stir with a fork until smooth.
- Keep at room temperature until ready to use.
- The appearance should be opaque or honey brown. If it’s glistening too much or looks too liquid, add in additional confectioners’ sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!