Cinnamon Bun Popcorn
photo by The Hen Basket
- Ready In:
- 12 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels or 2 bags of microwave popcorn)
- 1 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup real butter (= 1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 pieces white almond bark or 2 pieces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop your popcorn according to directions. Be sure and check for any UN-popped kernels, those are the WORST to bite into unexpectedly.
- Place popcorn and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon, butter and karo in a medium sized pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to rolling boil. Remove from heat and add your vanilla and baking soda. The baking soda will make your caramel mixture foam up and rise, don't be alarmed, it's suppose to (this is why you need to use a tall sided pot if you have one).
- Pour your caramel mixture over your popcorn and pecans and stir well.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto a foil-lined cookie sheet. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool down. Break into bite size pieces. Melt white chocolate in microwave or stove top, then drizzle over popcorn.
- Eat and Enjoy. Store remaining popcorn in an air tight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This isn't so much a review, since I haven't made it yet, as a question. The list of ingredients calls for white chips or white almond bark. It is not included in the recipe. You can see them in the picture. My question - are they added the last ten minutes to let them melt OR do you melt them and then drizzle it on? I gave it 5 stars because I just know this is going to be delicious!!