Chorizo & Navy Bean Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 -8 ounces chorizo sausage (casing removed)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can navy beans
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup mushroom (optional)
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Saute sausage and onions until onions are limp, then add garlic and mushrooms (if used) and cook until sausage is lightly browned.
- Stir in paprika and cook just for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth and beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cilantro and parsley just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!