photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 6 cups ice, crushed
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup papaya, diced
- 1⁄2 cup lulo fruit, diced (if you don't have access to lulo, use another sour fruit. rhubarb, lime juice or even pineapple can )
- use Mama Clerici's Fresh Fruit Syrup recipe to make the syrup
- Crush your ice in a food processor until it resembles the ice flakes of a snow cone.
- Layer ice in both your glasses a little past half way (use a clear glass for the full effect). If you like your Cholados extra sweet, drizzle sweetened condensed milk around the glass before you add the add to the glasses.
- Cover the ice in your fruit syrup, you can make the fruit syrup with whatever fruit you like, but strawberry, raspberry and blackberry work especially well.
- Layer your fruit in the glass, use about a quarter of what you have in each glass.
- Cover in condensed milk and add the remaining fruit, splitting evenly between the two glasses.
- (If you really want to be an over achiever, you can make a second fruit syrup with passion fruit or another sour fruit and add that at this point).
- Top with more more crushed ice. Drizzle fruit syrup over ice (the berry variety).
- Garnish with more fruit!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!