Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 9-inch cake
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely ground
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- For crust, combine pecans, cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Press onto bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch spring-form pan. Set pan aside.
- In a large saucepan cook and stir chocolate and shipping cream over low heat till the chocolate melts. Transfer the mixture to a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, the 3/4 cup sugar, and flour; beat 10 minutes or till thick and lemon colored. Fold one-fourth of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture; fold chocolate mixture into remaining egg mixture. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake cake in a 325°oven about 45 minutes or till puffed around edge and halfway to center (the center will be slightly soft). Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Cool for 4 hours. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Cover any leftovers and store in refrigerator.
- Orange-Chocolate Truffle Cake: Prepare as above, except stir 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel into the egg mixture after beating.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!