Chocolate Mint Snowcaps
photo by CHEFDLH
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a spoon, mix dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms. Work out any clumps of mix with spoon.
- Stir in mint chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop dough and shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in confectioner's sugar.
- Place cookies about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until set. Tops will appear cracked.
- After one minute, remove cookies from baking sheet and place on a wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made these cookies more times than I can remember. I've had good results every time. I will say that mint chips do work better than crushed Andes bars. Also, pay attention to the weight of the cake mix on the box. Some of them have more than 18 oz and will require an extra egg, yielding slightly different (but still tasty) results.
Thank you KaylyRed. I love these cookies. My family said they taste like chocolate mint ice cream and chocolate cake together and I agree. My son declared it the best cookie ever. This is a keeper. Nestle makes Dark chocolate and mint chips and they worked perfectly. I was a little unsure when the tops cracked and the inside looked uncooked but they came out great. Nice and chewy and minty. Bliss with a cup of coffee, cocoa or cold milk. Definitely for those chocolate lovers. Enjoy- we did. ChefDLH