Chocolate Ginger Brownies
- Ready In:
16 2" brownies
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, plus more for dish
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325. Butter an 8" square baking dish. Line bottom with parchment paper, allowing 2" to hang over 2 sides. Butter parchment; set aside. Melt butter and chocolate together in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared dish. Smooth top with a rubber spatula. Bake until a cake tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs, 30-35 minutes Let cool in pan ona wire rack 15 minute Lift out and let cool completley on rack. Cut into 16 2" squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was delicious! Very different spin on a favorite. Not overly sweet but rich and fudgey with an exotic warmth from the fresh ginger. NICE. Was going to take a photo, but when it came out of the oven smelled so delightful we lost all sensibility and ate half before we thought about pictures... SORRY! yummmmmm
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My mom taught me to cook and to appreciate eating (which I believe she inherited from her father). She gifted me this membership so I'm grateful, thank's Cucina Casalingo! I am married to one of the world's pickiest eaters so I'm challenged to find things that I can make and share with him, no kids. I own my own business as a Professional Organizer. I'm an avid gardener and crafter and love to cook with fresh locally grown foods. I am a member of a CSA and I believe in fresh local and organic! The path to our healthy future is lined with these goodies! Spread the word, then feast!