Chocolate Eclair Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 5 1⁄8 ounces large box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 0.5 (1 lb) box chocolate graham cracker
- 5 1⁄8 ounces large box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 -8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli is wonderful)
- Make vanilla pudding with 2-3/4 cup milk
- Blend in 8 oz. of Cool Whip.
- Make chocolate pudding with 2-3/4 cup milk.
- Blend in remaining 8 oz. Cool Whip.
- Butter 9x13 pan.
- Place layer of graham crackers in bottom of pan.
- Top with vanilla pudding mixture.
- Place another layer of graham crackers on top of vanilla pudding.
- Top with chocolate pudding mixture.
- Top with another layer of graham crackers.
- Refrigerate a couple hours before frosting.
- Bring cream to simmer.
- Pour over chocolate chips in sturdy bowl.
- Whisk until melted and smooth.
- Pour over top layer of graham crackers
- Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I was born in Oklahoma, raised in Fort Smith, Arkansas, went to college both in Lewisville, Texas and near Cleveland, Ohio. I met my husband who went to law school in Cleveland and much to my southern families dismay, have lived here in Ohio for 18 years. If I could have the best of both worlds, I would live in Ohio during the summer and fall and live in Arkansas for the winter and spring. I am a mom of 5 children. Three girls and 2 boys and we have homeschooled them from the beginning. I love having my kids around but do enjoy getting to travel with my husband for overnight trips. My husband and I are big Nascar fans. His favorite driver is Tony Stewart and mine is Kevin Harvick. This works out well except for when Harvick wrecks Stewart or vice versa. We often host Nascar parties in our home so I am constantly checking this website for great recipes with many reviews."
Join The Conversation
A twist on the regular version of Eclair cake. This makes up a lot. I made a smaller pan of the extra to keep at home to eat later. If you want more ganache on top then you can increase the amounts of whipping cream and chocolate chips. My daughter had the traditional eclair cake at a party and we modified it together. Must refrigerate for several hours for the graham crackers to soften up.