MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this online- Sounds great! Shows it was printed in Redbook.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat sugar, mayonnaise, and vanilla extract until combined. Beat in flour mixture in thirds, alternating with water, until blended. Beat 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Top with frosting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were delicious and moist. I used light mayo and they turned out fine. I liked them because they rose up a bit which a lot of cupcakes don't. I frosted them with "Paige's Buttercream Frosting". I might try adding 1/2 cup coffee and 1/2 cup water next time just to intensify the chocolate flavor, but these were great-the best chocolate cupcake recipe I've tried!Reply