Chocolate Covered Eclairs
photo by Bittersweet Chef
- Ready In:
- In a heavy saucepan, bring to a boil the water, milk, salt, sugar, and the butter. Once all the butter has melted, remove from heat.
- Add the flour all at once and beat firmly. Return to heat and cook stirring constantly until it forms a wet dough and is leaving the sides of the saucepan, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stirring quickly, add the eggs one at a time. Allow to cool a little.
- Transfer the pastry to a piping bag and pipe out 6 inch long cylinders approximately 3/4 inch in diameter. Space evenly on a baking tray because they will swell when cooking.
- Cook in a moderate oven, 350 degrees F. for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fill with your favorite sweetened cream or custard and top with a chocolate ganache.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!