Chocolate Christmas Tree
photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 300 g milk chocolate melts or 300 g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice bubbles or 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1 shortbread cookie, star shape (optional)
- Place chocolate in a microwave-proof bowl. Melt on Medium (50% power)for 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute. Add Rice Bubbles and coconut. Stir to combine.
- On a sheet of baking paper, spoon or pipe mixture into a cross shape. You will need 6 crosses in graduation sizes. Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes, until firm. Reserve ramaining chocolate mixture.
- Place the largest cross on a flat board or serving plate. Spoon a little of the remaining chocolate into the centre. Sit the next cross on top, pressing down lightly to secure. (Place each cross in different directions). Continue with remaining crosses, finishing with the smallest. Chill in refrigerator for 20 mins to set.
- Dust with icing sugar. Top with a shortbread star if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Had everything I needed when I tagged this recipe, so went right to work since it will be 1 of 2 center pieces for a Yule dinner we're having this evening! I made it with white chocolate & opted out of dusting it with powdered sugar & instead pressed colored sprinkles (or '100s & 1000s' depending on where you're from) & that worked out just fine! Then, not wanting either a regular star or a star of David, I shaped a 7-pointed shortbread star & topped the tree with that! OUTSTANDING, & many thanks for posting this recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
The DS's recreation group really enjoyed this table centre piece at their Christmas party were it was devoured with joy. I did do a 1 1/2 recipe and made 8 crosses (7cm, 11cm, 13cm, 14cm, 15cm, 16cm, 17cm and 18cm. I meant to press red and green smarties into them but forgot and by the time I remembered they were set. Thank you Chef floWer, made for Please Review My Recipe.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not around.. If you have tried my recipes and given them a review and photo.. Thank you... If your after a freebie with one of my photos or recipes to make a publication with it and use it as your own. Please don't ask, the answer is no! If you take them, then your stealing... Stealing is bad and against the law.