Chocolate Chip Cherry Nut Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An easy and delicious bread to make. You will think you are eating cake.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Put butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in buttermilk, eggs and almond extract; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add to the buttermilk mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in cherries, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Grease and flour bottom only of 9 X 5 inch loaf pan. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven 55-65 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- To toast almonds: Spread almonds in an ungreased pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION