Cherry Chocolate Chip Bread
This is a really sweet bread. I made it to share with co-workers and to use up my extra cherries. It tastes great with a cup of coffee or tea. You can put in up to a cup of chocolate chips, cherries or nuts; depending on your tastes. I generally use 1 cup of cherries and 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften butter, and cream with tightly packed brown sugar.
- Stir in milk, eggs, and almond extract.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to milk mixture and stir until all ingredients are moistened.
- With a spoon, stir in chocolate, cherries, and nuts.
- Add batter into a greased 9x5 baking pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from pan. You may serve it warm, cold, or re-heated.
- Store in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Ohh not one of my favorites but regardless my husband and kids ate it right up. I honestly didn't think it was that sweet at all, or not sweet enough. The sweetness that was there came mostly from chocolate chips. It baked well though and I was happy to see a sweet bread recipe using fresh cherries.Reply
I followed directions exactly. I used 2/3 cups of cherries and 2/3 cup chocolate chips. No nuts. I baked it for 60 minutes. Great taste, but I think this was just a little too moist for me. BUT, I am going to try again using less cherrie. I think this would also do well as a mix for muffins. Made for PAC.Reply