photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained with liquid reserved (chickpeas)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 4 whole chipotle chiles in adobo (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from canned chipotle chiles (to taste)
- Puree all the ingredients except the bean liquid in a food processor, then gradually add the minimum amount of chickpea liquid (or water) required to give the mixture a thick, creamy, smooth consistency. Blend until all the graininess is gone, then cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve on warmed pita bread or tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!