This isn't really 'typical' Chinese food... but it has Chinese elements! *LOL* We used to eat this growing up ... I have recently been reintroduced to it through my sister, and boy am I ever glad! :-) It looks a bit , ummm... nasty when mixing *LOL* but it is very good! :)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raw rice (I used 3/4 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- chow mein noodles (the crunchy ones)
- Brown hamburger and onions.
- Add celery, rice, soups, water and sauces.
- Pour into a sprayed 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for an hour, stirring a couple of times during cooking.
- Top with chow mein noodles and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really like this stuff, my sister gave me the recipe a while ago because I'm a big fan of cooking stuff in bigger batches and freezing in individual portions to take to work and stuff like that. The only difference between this recipe and the one I use is that I also mix about 1/2 cup of the chow mein noodles in before putting it in the oven and I use low-sodium soy sauce since I find it a bit too salty with the regular kind.Reply