Chinese Hamburger Hash
photo by Tona C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large skillet brown hamburger. Remove hamburger to a plate with paper towels to remove most of grease.
- In same pan saute onions and celery until onions become transparent. Return Hamburger to pan.
- Add soups and water to pan.
- Stir in Uncooked rice, soy sauce and pepper.
- Put in greased 8x11 covered casserole.
- Bake 1 hour at 350. Uncover and sprinkle Chow Mein Noodles over top and finish baking 15 minute
- Note: Can us 1 1/4 Cup Minute Rice But shorten cooking time to 30 to 40 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummmy! I have never had this, thought it sounded interesting. Went together super fast because I had pre-cooked frozen ground beef I had thawed out, and I keep chopped onion and celery in the fridge. I heated the meat in the microwave, cooked the vegetables, boiled my water in the microwave and stirred everything together thoroughly in a large bowl prior to putting it in the pan. It was AWESOME and I ate way tooooo much! I would eat this every week if I could!
Due to snow all afternoon, we didn't want to go to the grocery store. Instead, I raided the pantry and found all the ingredients to make Chinese Hamburger Hash. It was the perfect choice -- everybody in the family loved it. I added 2 cans of drained water chestnuts and reduced the soy sauce to 1/3 of a cup. Didn't have any celery, so I used some celery salt. This one's a keeper -- it will be made over and over again.