Chimichurri Chicken Strips
photo by dianegrapegrower
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1 cup minced parsley (about 1/2 "bunch")
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic zipper bag.
- Marinate chicken strips for at least 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Chicken is best if grilled (perfect threaded on a skewer), but can be pan-fried until very brown for about 5 minutes per"side" or until thoroughly cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I couldn't believe the flavors. I made up the marinade and put it with some frozen chicken tenders and kept in the freezer until I was ready to cook them today. Then I let them thaw all day in the refrigerator with a few minutes in the microwave until they were perfectly thawed. Then I cut them into bite size pieces and skewered with some green pepper. Finally I cooked them about 15 minutes on a stove-top grill. Delicious. I also used Italian flat-leaf parsley.
These were delicious. You would think the flavors may be overwhelming, but they blend perfectly with moist, juicy chicken as the result. I used Italian (flat-leaf) parsley because I much prefer its flavor over regular parsley and placed the chicken strips on bamboo skewers for easier grilling. It was a hit and I know I'll be making these again.