Chilli Chicken With Basil Coconut Cream
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 (800 -900 g) chicken breasts, sliced thickly
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Thai red chili peppers, finely chopped (I add about half the seeds to chicken mixture my family does not like spicy food although I do, This)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce (sounds like a lot I know, I usually use only 1-2Teaspoons in most recipes but trust me this works he)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 300 ml coconut cream (I use kara brand I really like this one as it is way more creamier than other brands.)
- 100 ml coconut milk (this is only extra if serving over jasmine rice. I don't think there will be enough liquid with just)
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan, add onion, chilli and garlic, cook until onion is soft.
- Add chicken to pan stir-fry until cooked though. Add sauce, cream, chilli powder, sugar (and milk if serving over rice.) A wok gets hotter than a frying pan, you may want to cover and cook a couple of minutes if using a frying pan to make sure chicken is cooked through.
- Add basil and coriander toss until hot, serve immediately.
- To serve: Serve over jasmine rice garnish with coriander leaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We are enjoying many of the Thai dishes, this one no exception. Not only tastes great it looks very appealing. The flavours worked for us. Other then just using a touch of the coriander I made as posted. The coriander is a favorite of mine - but am still adding it in small amounts for the rest of t family ... until they feel about it the way I do. Has been added to my keepers.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>