Chilled Cucumber Vichyssoise
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- Pour stock into large saucepan, add potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Heat the butter in a skillet, add leeks and onion and saute over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Either use an immersion blender after adding leek mixture to the liquids or in batches, combine vegetables and stock in the processor, add cucumbers and puree.
- Pour mixture into large bowl.
- Stir in cream, add nutmeg, salt and pepper, stir and chill for a couple of hours.
- Serve in soup bowls or wine glasses garnished with minced chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Realtor in both Louisiana and Mississippi Cooking destresses me.