Chili With Beans Alabama Style
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs ground beef (I use lean ground beef)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (I use Bush's Chili Beans for more flavor)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1⁄2 cup canned beef broth (if needs more liquid)
- 1 (6 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cook ground beef with onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring until meat crumbles are brown.
- Combine meat mixture, beans and the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer in low heat for about 1 hour or until all the flavors blend well, checking the liquid and if it needs more just add beef broth.
- NOTE: Or place in a slow cooker in low setting for about 2 hours and serve over spaghetti or rice with corn bread and a salad. This is a complete comfort food meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!