Chili Shrimp and Coconut Risotto
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- fresh basil leaf (for garnish)
- Heat the oil in large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and salt and cook until the shrimp is pink and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the chili paste and coconut ilk to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, bean sprouts, scallion, lime juice and shrimp and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve garnished with basil leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.