Chiles Rellenos Puffs
Another great recipe from Betty Crocker! These lil muffins are packed with the chili releno flavor, and are bite size, perfect for morning breakfast or an appetizer! Love this recipe
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin (I add) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (I add) (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (3 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. In 3-quart saucepan, heat water and butter over high heat to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, cornmeal and salt (cumin and cayenne if using) until mixture forms a dough and all lumps have disappeared. Gradually stir in beaten eggs until well blended. Stir in both cheeses and the chiles.
- Spoon dough evenly into muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 to 29 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation