These wraps are great for a picnic, or for a lunchbox. Adapted from Good Food Magazine. Prep time does not include 1 hour marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- iceberg lettuce, to taste
- Place the garlic, orange juice, soy sauce, honey and chile powder into a bowl and mix well. Adjust seasonings, adding more chile powder if you wish.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs and place into a plastic zip-loc bag. Pour the honey mixture over the thighs and turn them to coat well. Close the bag and marinate the thighs in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place the thighs, with the marinade, into a shallow roasting pan. Roast for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through and basting with the glaze, until the chicken is tender and slightly blackened on the edges.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and leave to cool. Cut the chicken into strips and set aside.
- Lay a tortilla on a clean work surface. Add 1 T. of mayo into the center and spread out a little. Add iceberg lettuce (to taste) and top with several strips of chicken. Fold the tortilla up over the filling, fold in both sides of the tortilla, then roll up all the way. Wrap in saran wrap or waxed paper to secure rolls. Repeat to make 8 rolls.
- Make these the day before a picnic or for boxed lunches. YUM!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very yummy and easy to make! I did make a few changes though. First off, I didn't add the chili powder because I don't like things that are even a little spicy. Secondly, I used boneless skinless chicken breasts rather than thighs and it still turned out great. I made them to eat for lunch for a couple days in the upcoming week and I am going to freeze some of the chicken to have later when I don't feel like cooking. Thanks for the recipe!Reply
VERY easy recipe. The meat was yummy, but I didn't have quite enough sauce for my wrap after the chicken was done baking. (I made enough for me). Next time I'll have to make sure to make enough marinade. Other than that it was tasty. Probably not something I'll make very often, but it was good for a change. I may end up making them ahead for a lunch someday. Thanks for posting!1Reply