Chicken With Pepper and Pineapple - Crock Pot
Nice tickley chicken, lots of taste. Serve over mounds of rice.
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 35mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce (tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces - 1 cup
- Mix chicken, carrots, broth, ginger root, brown sugar, soy sauce, allspice and pepper sauce in a 4-5 quart crock pot, slow cooker Cover and cook on low heat setting 7-9 hours or until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink in centre.
- Mix cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice, gradually stir into chicken mixture.
- Stir in pineapple and bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes longer or until slightly thickened and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION