Chicken With Garlic, Chilli, Bay Leaves and Rosemary
photo by Vicki in CT
- Ready In:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (freshly ground or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (needles, finely chopped)
- 2 -4 chilies (sliced or to your taste)
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- 6 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut chicken breasts into 3 or 4 even sized pieces.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and dust the sections in it.
- Heat a heavy large frypan/skillet to medium hot and add oil and butter.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until golden brown and cooked through. If you frypan/skillet is small you may have to do this in 2 batches.
- Add rosemary, chillies, garlic and bay leaves to the pan and cook until garlic starts to colour.
- Pour over lemon juice and serve with greens and lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.