Chicken Wing Lollipop Appetizer
photo by Chef TraceyMae
- Ready In:
- Cut off the tips of the chicken wings, use them for making stock. Halve the wings at the joints.
- With a small knife, scrape the meat down the bones as far as possible to make a plump drumstick. Remove the thinner bone from the pieces with 2 bones and scrape the meat down the bone.
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together, marinate and cover the chicken drumsticks overnight in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, place each one on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° degrees F. for approximately 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and roll each one in sesame seeds. Cool slightly and place each one in a paper baking cup and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh my, oh my -- these were tasty! I didn't do the step of scraping the meat down on the bones and marinated them for a good 24 hours. My 16 year old grandson loves chicken wings so I made this recipe and another one for him. This was his favorite -- he told to just make these from now on. The other reviewer was right -- they don't have that over salty flavor that can sometimes occur with soy sauce. The flavor was just right and well balanced. My grandson isn't real wild about sesame seeds -- so I skipped that part as well. But when I make these for a party I'll be sure to include that step. Thanks for posting this recipe, Andria -- I am so happy to have it in my cookbook!