Chicken Tortilla Soup With Lime
photo by SoCalCookerGal
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- In a large stock pot place the chicken and sprinkle with garlic salt. Add the water until its about 4 inches above the chicken. Wash the lime then cut it in half and add it to the pot. Bring water to a boil and continue until the chicken is cooked throughly. About 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool. Remove the limes and skim the broth to remove fat. Shred the chicken after it has cooled off and set aside.
- To the broth add the chicken bouillon and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Now add in your canned tomatoes and all your spices. I like to add in about 8 shakes of hot sauce (I use Cholula) Bring to a boil and add in the the zucchini and carrots and the shredded chicken.
- When the vegetables are done cooking your soup is done!
- crumbled tortilla chips.
- shredded cheddar or montrey jack cheese.
- sour cream.
- hot sauce like Cholula, Tapatio or tabsco.
- lime wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> Thank you CarrolJ for adopting me! <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/vegnswap.jpg> Thanks Katzen for putting together my Veggie cookbook, adopting me and the very nice reviews. You're an excellent forum host. <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/redbannercopy.jpg" border="0" alt="New Kids Participation Banner"> Thanks Sydney Mike for the review! <a href="http://www.1-coupons.com/coupons/"><img border="0" src="http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2776407&c=8329534" alt="Discount Flowershop"></a><a href="http://www.1-coupons.com/coupons/internet-florist.htm">Discount Flowershop</a>