Chicken Stuffed Poblano With Parmesan Breadcrumbs
photo by Chef Teer
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 6 medium poblano chiles
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 large tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- rice, cooked saffron rice, 4 to 6 servings
- While using gloves, wash the poblano peppers.
- Using a sharp paring knife cut a slit lengthwise from the stem to the tip of chile leaving the stem in tact.
- Carefully, cut away the seeds, rinse the inside of the chilies, and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix, the chopped onions, garlic, the cooked diced chicken, seasoning salt, tomato, cheese and add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan together for a dry mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat the cake pan or skillet with olive oil.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture, use toothpicks to help sew them together.
- Using the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lightly brush the outside of the chilies; place them in the dry breadcrumb mix; sprinkle all over the outside.
- Place them cut side up in the baking pan or skillet.
- Cook for 1 hour or until peppers are done.
- Serve on top of a bed of saffron rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!