Chicken Pepperoni Burgers
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 sprig sage leaf, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 small lemon, zest of
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 rolls, of your choice lightly toasted
- lettuce leaf
- 4 slices beefsteak tomatoes (optional)
- In a bowl place the chicken, pepperoni, half the garlic, sage, salt and pepper.
- Mix together and form into 4 equal sized patties.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, fry patties until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayo, lemon zest, herb mixture, the other half of garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place cheese on top of each burger and let melt.
- Divide the mayo dressing among the 4 bun bottoms.
- Place a patty on top, along with the lettuce and tomato, if using.
Join The Conversation
This was a great change from beef. I was pleasantly surprised on the flavor of this burger because in past experiences, chicken or turkey burgers can lack in flavor. This one is the exception! The flavor of the herbs, pepperoni, and lemon in both the burgers, and mayonnaise added to a successful burger. I followed the recipe exactly except that I used ground turkey (ground turkey was on sale at my local market). Made it for Everyday is a Holiday. Thank you LoriMama for posting a winner of a chicken burger!