Chicken, Pasta and Grape Salad
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 12 ounces fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and cut in half
- 8 ounces unsweetened pineapple chunks in juice, drained, and liquid reserved
- 2 cups seedless grapes, mix of red and green
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cook the rotini pasta as directed on the box and drain. Rinse well with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, add cooked pasta, cooked chicken, celery, green onions, pea pods, grapes, half of almonds and pineapple tidbits.
- Mix dressing ingredients in another bowl. Pour over pasta salad ingredients and toss gently to mix well and coat all ingredients. Sprinkle the remaining toasted almonds on top of salad as garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small city in southwest Virginia. We have been here for 22 years and love being near the mountains. I have three kids that keep me busy 24/7. I love cooking for my husband, but am constantly battling the picky eating kids at mealtime. I originally joined when this site was called recipeZaar to put my recipes into meal menus to rotate on a regular basis. Hopefully, to take the brainwork out of food shopping, menu planning and preparation. The problem is that I have found so many new recipes I want to try here I am going to end up with 100 menus! I guess that isn't so bad, variety is a good thing.