Chicken on the Run
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 4 chicken pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (11 ounce) can apricots (340g)
- Rub salt and pepper into the chicken pieces and then place them into a casserole dish.
- Pour over the apricots and their juice.
- Sprinkle the dried soup mix over the chicken and apricots.
- Drizzle the wine over the top.
- Bake at 375 F (190 C ) for 1 hour 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Loved it. Have to confess I rarely prepare meals using soup mixes (canned or dried) but tonight was one of those enenings when we were too tired to cook but hungry enough to want a real meal. This was the perfect compromise dish. I could not find canned apricots and used peaches instead. Made a mistake in covering the casserole dish so there was not much evaporation - don't do that as you lose the wonderful gravy this creates.I instead had to scoop a bit of the sauce out and quickly reduce and thicken it with a bit of arrowroot. The sweet savory combination was so goodand the wine added a bit of sophistication and complexity. Served with brown rice baked at the same time and some quick steamed green beans. Delicious. Thanks kiwidutch.