Chicken Legs for Dummies
photo by Kana K.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons rosemary or 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (*optional, add to the olive oil for brushing)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (*optional, if you want some spice)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (*optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Brush drum sticks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and rosemary.
- Bake for 20 minutes and turn the legs, baking for an additional 20 minutes.
- Check chicken for even doneness and turn the chicken as needed, this is where you would brush on the BBQ sauce on or not and bake for the last 20 minutes rotating chicken as needed, totaling an hour of cooking time.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, dig in !
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
100% food experimenting amateur chef... I use this site to keep my online cook book and recipes I want to try.