Chicken Kebabs in Cola Cardamom Marinade
- Ready In:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt (kosher or coarse sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 lemon zest, strips each 1 inch wide
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients. Add the chicken, stir to coat, cover, and marinate for 2 hours at room temperature or as long as overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a direct heat fire in an open charcoal grill.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and thread onto metal skewers. Pour the marinade into a small pot.
- Place the marinade over high heat, bring to a boil, and boil until reduce to 1/2 cup, about 12 minutes. The marinade will darken and thicken.
- Arrange the skewers on the grill rack and grill, turning once and basting frequently with the boiled marinade, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove to a serving platter and serve. Serves 4 to 6.
- 150 Great Recipes for all Seasons Chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this recipe exactly as written with no deviations. This was good and definitely not your normal marinade. I really enjoyed the pairing of the cardamom with the cola. I find this to be a well balanced mixture of flavors and will be using this marinade in the future. Chef adopted for the My 3 Chefs Event.