Chicken Kabobs With Zucchini and Apples
photo by dstripling
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 green zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 yellow zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed & chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium (about 400ºF). Thread the chicken, apple, green and yellow zucchini, and onion alternately onto skewers.
- Stir together basil, rice vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper into small bowl. Brush the mixture over the chicken-vegetable skewers. Grill, covered, turning occasionally, until the chicken is done, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- PER SERVING: CALORIES 252; FAT 11g (sat 1.5g, mono 1.1g, poly 4.8g); PROTEIN 25g; CARB 13g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 7g; CHOL 90mg; IRON 2 mg; SODIUM 719mg; CALC 37mg.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!